- 'Smart Mine' of the future; Creating tomorrows mine today
- Perth Based role
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Salary Sacrificing
- Three-bonus plans.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill’s Technology and Innovation team is now seeking a Specialist Testing and Commissioning.
Reporting to the Manager Technology Projects and based in our Remote Operations Centre in Perth, this role will see you responsible for the test and commissioning management, including defining and implementing the overall program test strategy required to support Mine Automation.
Accountabilities will include:
- Implementing a test and commissioning management strategy within a highly integrated program that encompasses automation technologies across both hardware and software platforms
- Understanding how the test and commissioning strategy must ensure functional safety obligations are met
- Working closely with Mine Automation suppliers to deploy an appropriate testing framework, including utilising Agile development approaches
- Implementing an effective defect management process for the program in conjunction with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Reviewing and approving test and commissioning scripts, plans and data based on the acceptance criteria, including supplier obligations within each individual contract
- Organise and manage test resources to ensure a successful acceptance testing outcome
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Project management or an Information Management related discipline.
- Strong commitment to safe practices of working
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate all levels (technical and non-technical) in both verbal and written communications.
- Excellent reasoning skills and risk-based decision-making capabilities.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a passionate and positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.