• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• Fixed Term - FIFO from Perth – 7:7 Roster
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services Leadership team is seeking a Geologist Ore Definition to join the team on a Fixed Term basis.
This role functions as an integral part of the Ore Definition team and is responsible for compiling geological data for use in modelling, mine planning and ore quality predictions. This role is predominately responsible for the supervision of safe and accurate drilling, consisting of Reverse Circulation (RC), Diamond Core, Wide Diameter and Bulk Sample drill programmes.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Executing and supervising predominantly RC drilling programmes
• Logging and interpretation of results and ensuring adherence to plans and schedules
• Ensuring drill rigs are performing to contracted technical specifications
• Ensuring all earthworks activities are in place in advance of drilling
• Daily workplace inspections and reporting of safety related matters
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position you will be an experienced Ore Definition Geologist along with the following:
• Tertiary degree in Geology or Geoscience
• Demonstrated experience in Exploration, Resource Definition or Mine Geology
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite, predominately in Word and Excel
• Exposure to a drill hole database, preferably acQuire.
• Experience with Arc Map and Vulcan would be considered an advantage
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.