• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 60Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Metallurgist to join the group on an 8:6 Roster from Perth. The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the Metallurgical team to improve the metallurgical and operational performance of the processing plant and provide technical support to the Operations Team while displaying positive safety behaviour and cost commitment, consistent with Roy Hill Values.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Provide technical input into the operation of the processing plant to ensure budget and forecast production targets are met
• Support the Production team to facilitate all activities on the Operations Plan. Critically review operating and technical data on a daily basis to identify any trends or non-compliance and provide technical advice to the Production personnel to rectify problems or to optimise processes
• Ensure that all reported metallurgical and operating data is valid and prepare periodical management reports as required
• Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of key process controls, operating systems, and plant flow sheets for the efficient and cost effective operation of the processing facilities
• Contribute to the development and implementation of Quality Assurance programmes and audits which ensure the compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Technical standards for the processing department
• Accurately quantify the relationships between ore grade, geochemistry and lithology and the operating performance of the processing plant, leading to the development of the most appropriate operating procedures
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Metallurgist along with the following: -
• Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy/Process or Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a mining operation
• Experience of Metallurgical Accounting packages
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.