• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Metallurgy to join the team on an 8:6 Roster from Perth. The primary purpose of this role is to lead the Metallurgical team to improve the metallurgical, quality and operational performance of the processing plant and laboratory and provide technical support to the Operations Team while displaying positive safety behaviour and cost commitment, consistent with Roy Hill Values.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Provide the short, medium and long term technical direction for the Processing Department to ensure maximum and sustainable profitability of the business
• Direct technical input into the operation of the processing plant to ensure budget and forecast production targets are met
• Oversee the development and review as required, of standard operating procedures for use by the processing technical personnel
• Ensure these procedures comply with legislative and corporate HSE requirements
• Oversee the development, implementation and continuous improvement of key process controls, operating systems and plant flow sheets for the efficient and cost effective operation of the processing facilities
• Oversee the development of techniques and procedures for the monitoring of key operational and metallurgical parameters (such as power, reagent, media and liner consumption) in a manner that establishes their interrelationship with and effect on operating performance
• Accurately quantify the relationships between ore grade, geochemistry and lithology and the operating performance of the processing plant, leading to the development of the most appropriate operating procedures
• Assist in the development and management of annual and long term plans and budgets through developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of plant performance capabilities
• Co-ordinate management of test-work, process design and plant design for plant performance and capacity optimisation
• Manage any specialty test-work programs undertaken by external consultants
• Ensure that all activities are accurately and professionally carried out by the plant metallurgists
• Manage work allocation and develop problem resolution and the building of an effective team dynamic
• Deliver appropriate training opportunities in order to develop team members’ expertise
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Metallurgist along with the following: -
• Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy/Process or Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a mining operation
• Experience of Metallurgical Accounting packages
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.