• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• Residential – Port Hedland - Housing provided
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Manager Rail Operations to join the team.
The Manager Rail Operations will be accountable for leading a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in Rail Operations, Rail Safe Working and Governance & Improvement. The role will be responsible for leading operations of the railroad from end to end in a manner that maximises efficiencies across the systems and ensuring the team meets required production targets in a safe, efficient and effective manner. The role will also ensure that all relevant assets and services across Rail operations are consistently improved by delivering projects and implementing best practice governance and sustainability processes in order to safely deliver reductions in cycle times.
Additionally, this role will be accountable to ensure the application of standards, rules, and processes within operational divisions results in safe, productive rail operations. Acting as the primary liaison between the rail regulator and Roy Hill, the role will develop a strategic approach to safeworking rules and process development, whilst ensuring operational departments have the appropriate skills and support to make effective decisions.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Provide strong, visible leadership to the immediate team and the wider Rail team
• Develop and implement strategies that deliver target availability and reliability
• Initiate projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety and production
• Develop a review process for the measurement of the rail operations performance
• Collaborate across systems to identify opportunities and optimise Rail Operations
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the areas of Rail Operations along with the following: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Commerce, Logistics, or a similar technical field; or an equivalent trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
• Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role in a Safe working, Operations or Improvement environment
• experience in large scale heavy industry, preferably in the mining and resources industry
• Experience in Operations and Governance, along with a good knowledge of applicable legislation and industry leading practice
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.