Advisor Contracts | Perth
- Seeking an experienced Advisor Contracts for a fixed term position
- Our people are engaged and committed to achieving real results.
- 5/2 Days only Perth based roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Project Leadership team are now seeking an Advisor Contracts. This role is responsible for managing allocated contracts, which will involve managing the Contract from Pre-award to Post-Award along with ensuring that the Contracts management process is completed in accordance with Roy Hill's contractual and procedural requirements, legal requirements, codes and standards. The position will also include Contract administration of greenfield and brownfield construction and engineering projects.
Other responsibilities will include: -
- Providing commercial advice on procurement and contracting strategies;
- Managing and running pre-award meetings (site or otherwise as required);
- Negotiating tender clarifications and engaging Roy Hill legal counsel as required;
- Completing and submitting Budget Allocation Requests (BARs);
- Drafting Recommendations for Award of (RFAs) and obtaining Roy Hill sign-offs;
- Providing commercial advice to project managers and other stakeholders on progress, variations, claims, payments, defects management etc;
- Managing, and assisting with the management of, contracts by application of the relevant terms and conditions;
- Managing contractual risks
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate you will have sound experience working in a similar role.
In addition to this you will possess-:
- Previous experience facilitating successful contract delivery through the lifecycle of the contract process.
- Preferably the candidate will possess a traditional degree in Quantity Surveying however if the right candidate has a degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Business, Commerce, Finance or Law they may be considered.
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.