• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• FIFO – 8:6 Roster
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Scheduler Turnaround to join the team. The Scheduler Turnaround is responsible for ensuring a disciplined approach for work management is adhered to for the management of our Fixed Plant assets and equipment. The main objectives of this position are to optimise equipment reliability and deliver a high level of maintenance efficiency through accurate planning and scheduling. This role will be heavily working with maintenance and shutdown teams to ensure effective shutdown outcomes across multiple shutdowns and outages in Fixed Plant.
This position will require significant involvement developing and embedding standard, repeatable maintenance and operations practices to consistently achieve asset capability, reliability and cost targets.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Develop/Create/review functional location and equipment structures for all new assets
• Contribute to asset criticality ranking and develop critical spares listing
• Develop, implement and continuous improvement of maintenance tactics based on mitigating failure risk using Risk Control Measures, OEM manuals and technical data
• Develop and refine accurate work scopes for planned maintenance activities ensuring that estimates for labour, skills, materials, equipment and external services are included
• Identify equipment spare parts; raise requests for cataloguing and construct bills of material
• Follow up with vendors to facilitate the provision of spare parts and attached to BOM’s and Task list
• Ensure all new work requests are actioned with in a timely manner and converted to work orders
• Conduct regular reviews with Maintenance & Execution Supervisors to prioritise and process all maintenance notifications and work requests
• Continuously monitor and analyse equipment condition results from equipment inspections, condition monitoring results and specialist testing
• Develop detailed scopes of work for defects, modifications and corrective maintenance
• Ensure costs are minimised by constantly reviewing maintenance practices and identifying areas for improving efficiencies and productivity
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Maintenance Scheduler / Planner along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or similar technical field along with a Planning and scheduling qualification at certificate level or above
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance positions within the mining industry
- Extensive MS Project & Scheduling experience within Fixed Plant
- Sound skills in SAP maintenance module. Including Management of SAP PM Master Data including technical objects, maintenance plans, items, task lists, BOM’s and measuring points
- Experience with the operation or maintenance of Fixed Plant / Mobile Plant / Rail assets
- Ability to define accurate work scopes and develop procedures
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.