• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• FIFO 4:3 / 4:3 / 8:6 roster from Perth
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Senior Engineer Mechanical to join the team on a 4:3 / 4:3 / 8:6 Roster from Perth. You will be responsible for integration of the maintenance elements of reliability for the Mine Processing Fixed Plant facilities and infrastructure, for the life of mine. Championing the processes for Mechanical Maintenance. The role includes Analysis of events on critical equipment and input into of effective, proactive, plant maintenance strategies including the use of condition monitoring techniques. Execution of operational and maintenance works will be a focus with an overriding commitment to achieving a safe and sustainable working environment for the operators and maintainers of the equipment.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Reviews plant performance to identify areas of improvement
• Investigate deviation in performance utilising the appropriate investigation methodologies
• Execution of improvement projects to drive continuous improvement in fixed plant
• Responsible for technical accuracy of the maintenance plan
• Actively participate and influence design and reviews ensuring operability and maintainability requirements
• Identify equipment requiring ongoing statutory inspections and testing and assist in ensuring compliance
• Review engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced senior engineer within the areas of maintenance & reliability along with the following: -
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Demonstrated experience in Mechanical engineering, with experience in projects and maintenance of ore handling and processing equipment
• Previous involvement in large wet processing plants, particularly through design, operational readiness, commissioning and operations
• Previous experience working with Conveyor Systems, Crushing and Screening, Wet Plant and Balanced Machines
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.