- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions. Our Technology Operations team is now seeking a Superintendent Infrastructure to join the team. The primary purpose of the Superintendent Infrastructure role is to ensure the ongoing supportability, stability, integrity and high availability of Roy Hill’s technology operations infrastructure assets ensuring they are maintained.
This role will include a focus on planning for future change and optimisation key functional areas, looking to improve services, reduce costs, whilst coordinating staff vendors with the continuous requirement to develop a high performing team aligned with Roy Hill core values.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Coordinate with network engineers, business application teams, database and systems administration functions to ensure new services being developed align with existing work practises.
- Monitor and manage assigned operational and capital budget aligned to agreed spend profiles, managing ups/ downs effectively.
- Promptly report all safety, health and environment incidents and investigate those in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure personnel within your area of responsibility are appropriately supervised, informed, instructed, and trained with confirmation of understanding.
- Participate in the design and implementation of short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure services meet the current and future operational requirements of Roy Hill.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following: -
- A diploma or degree in IT or a related Information Technology Management discipline.
- Relevant experience in a similar role in which operational support of critical infrastructure services is managed.
- Relevant experience in managing a team of people.
- Mining industry and operational technology experience.
- Familiarity with all networking protocols and standards.
- Ability to identify and develop continuous opportunities to reduce complexity and drive operational improvement.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting and understanding service provider networks that include MPLS and complex routing and switching configurations.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.