• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• FIFO Mine
• 6 Month Fixed Term Opportunity
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Technical Services team is now seeking a Principal Engineer Process to join the team for a 6-month fixed term opportunity. The primary purpose of the Principal Engineer Process role is to support Roy Hill in identifying and implementing long-term opportunities while maintaining a critical review of project risks. This role will lead ore body optimisation initiatives including beneficiation and recovery projects and will be required to liaise closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a robust delivery. A key component to the role is being able to work on several projects at the same time and deliver each project to the allocated time and budget.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Responsible for technical due diligence on all aspects of process test work, process design, cost modelling and operations.
• Develop and lead metallurgical test work programs to identify areas for process improvement.
• Lead and assist project management such as preparing scope of work, business case, responses to technical queries and providing technical feedback and guidance to contractors.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following: -
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy
• Relevant experience as a Process Engineer/ Metallurgist
• Relevant leadership experience managing a team of technical professionals
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.