• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
• FIFO 8:6 – Port Hedland
• 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port ¬¬¬operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class iron ore port facility at Port Hedland is capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 60Mtpa of iron ore as lump and fines and has been designed to accommodate possible future expansion.
Our Port leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Port Maintenance to join the team.
The Superintendent Port Production will be responsible for providing visible leadership to the Port Maintenance team and foster a performance culture that achieves targets (safety, availability, reliability and costs) and constantly seeks improvement, while executing the Port Maintenance Strategy.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Manage weekly work and shutdowns to ensure all repairs and inspections are carried out on time, safely and rigorously, resulting in high equipment reliability
• Minimise breakdowns and ensure that repairs "fix the issue forever” rather than be "forever fixing the issue"
• Ensure fit for purpose condition monitoring and lubrication practices are implemented
• Ensure short term decision making supports the long-term integrity of the Port
• Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal obligations, environmental policies and general duty of care
• Implement the Work Management Process (Execution Section) and set targets to achieve high schedule compliance
• Drive the maintenance team to deliver efficient and effective work practices that result in high quality maintenance work i.e. no rework due to poor work practices
• Ensure that Supervisors are given the resources required to safely maintain the reliability of equipment and that they are held accountable for their teams’ performance
• Develop and implement the training and induction plan for the maintenance team and provide opportunities for people to develop and advance in their careers
• Identify maintenance tooling requirements and implement the procure/hire strategy
• Constantly seek opportunities to improve people, processes and equipment
• Spend appropriate time in the plant observing how your people and equipment operate
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have a strong Port Maintenance background along with the following: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar technical field; or, an appropriate trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
• Demonstrated Fixed Plant Maintenance supervisory and leadership experience preferably at Superintendent Level
• Experience with the operation, maintenance and control of materials handling equipment including large conveyor systems, car dumpers, stackers and reclaimers and screens
• Experience with SAP
• Experienced in planning and scheduling of work and resources
• Strong safety, environment and cultural heritage focus
• Strong Fault-finding and problem-solving skills with a "can-do" attitude
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.