- ‘Smart Mine’ of the future; Creating tomorrow’s mine today
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Industry leading career enrichment program
- Awarded the 2018 Western Australia Employer of the Year for excellence in providing nationally recognised training
- Salary Sacrificing
- Three-bonus plans.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Technology and Innovation team is now seeking an Analyst Business.
Reporting to the Manager Program Delivery and based in our Remote Operations Centre in Perth, you will be responsible for interpreting and understanding how the individual technology elements of Roy Hill’s Mine Automation solution fits into the business as a whole.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide analysis and support for the Mine Automation program to ensure the business fulfils its fully integrated vision and achieves maximum return on its investment.
- Responsible for understanding how the individual technology elements of the Mine Automation solution fit into the business as a whole
- Gathering and analysing of information and data in support of the project business case, processes and solution requirements
- Responsible for gathering functional, non-functional and technical requirements for business needs.
- Ensure that quality information is being delivered to operational stakeholders.
- Preparation of functional and technical specifications and other key project documentation.
- Key stakeholder engagement with Change Control teams.
- Creation and execution of test scripts including unit, system, integration and user acceptance test scripts.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in project delivery of operations solutions ideally within Mining and Process organisations in the resource sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate all levels (technical and non-technical) in both verbal and written communications.
- Excellent reasoning skills and risk-based decision-making capabilities.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a passionate and positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.