- 'Smart Mine' of the future; Creating tomorrows mine today
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Industry leading career enrichment program
- Awarded the 2018 Western Australia Employer of the Year for excellence in providing nationally recognised training
- Salary Sacrificing
- Three-bonus plans.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Technology and Innovation team is now seeking an Advisor Technical Writer.
Reporting to the Manager Program Delivery and based in our Remote Operations Centre in Perth, this role will see you responsible for the development and maintenance of the business management system required to support Mine Automation.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide technical writing advice and expertise in the development and maintenance of the Mine Automation documentation, manuals, procedures, processes, training guides and associated tools
- Determine and communicate the needs of the end users for technical documentation to the Mine Automation program team
- Work with suppliers and internal technology experts to make solution documentation easier to understand and require fewer instructions
- Organise and write supporting documents for the overall solution
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase end users’ understanding
- Gather usability feedback from the end users, suppliers, technical teams and key stakeholders
- Revise documents as new issues arise
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following:
- Experience in procedure writing and tools development skills.
- Process mapping and report writing skills.
- Understanding of contractual, project and operational documentation requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate all levels (technical and non-technical) in both verbal and written communications.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a passionate and positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.