- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Hydrogeologist to join the group.
This role will directly support the Superintendent Hydrogeology to ensure effective and efficient groundwater and mine site water management plans are developed to meet water supply, dewatering and surplus water disposal objectives. The role will be responsible for hydrogeological planning tasks including design of groundwater investigations, bore fields and monitoring programs, developing hydrogeological conceptualisation, interpretation of groundwater and bore field data to determine conformance to plans and evaluation of business risk. The role will require effective integration with multiple stakeholders including hydrogeologists, mine planning, water engineering, projects and operations teams.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Capture, interrogate and interpret hydrogeological data from multiple platforms and deliver tangible outputs that contribute to knowledge base
- Present hydrogeological data in accordance with established RH reporting frameworks
- Assist in maintenance of water balance models
- Undertake design of groundwater investigations, bore fields and monitoring programs
- Participate in hydrogeological reviews of proposed water infrastructure, including detailed design
- Communicate groundwater management plans, conformance and risk with multiple stakeholders to build knowledge and alignment amongst stakeholders
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Hydrogeologist along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology or Hydrogeology
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Hydrogeologist role
- Established fundamentals in hydrogeology and water management
- High level of competency in working with large and diverse geoscientific and production data sets and databases
- Skills in assessing a range of hydrogeological information to develop site and regional conceptual hydrogeology
- Established knowledge of analytical and numerical groundwater modelling fundamentals to assess dewatering requirements and drawdown extents
- Solid understanding and skills in dealing with development and operation of large scale mine dewatering, water supply and disposal (injection)
- Demonstrated skill and understanding in test pumping analysis and interpretation
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.