- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Demand Chain leadership team is now seeking a Scheduler Development to join the team.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Scheduling and based in our Remote Operations Centre in Perth, this role will see you responsible for supporting the Demand Chain Mine Scheduling Team in the development of the Drill & Blast Schedule and Dewatering schedule.
The role will support and backfill the Mine Schedulers role when required. The incumbent will provide the technical focus required to facilitate both the drill & blast schedule and dewatering schedule and ensure relationships between required stakeholders are established and maintained.
This role will be mentored by the Mine Schedulers and Superintendent.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Scheduling of Drill and blast activities to ensure planned targets are met and material is available ahead of load and haul activities in alignment with the operating strategy.
- Scheduling of Dewatering activities ensure planned targets are met and material is available ahead of load and haul activities in alignment with the operating strategy.
- Work in consultation with Mine, Drill & Blast, Port & Rail Schedulers & the operational dewatering team to prepare an integrated schedule across the demand chain.
- Interpret, analyse and present operational information to site operations in order to facilitate decisions around scheduling options.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following: -
- A demonstrated combination of training and operational experience and or Bachelor Mining or Geology.
- Experience in operations planning in large scale mining operations.
- Strong communication skills will allow you to drive positive interactions with key stakeholders across the organisation to support safe and efficient mining activities
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.