- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Residential Port Hedland – 5:2 Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance to join the team.
The Superintendent Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance is responsible for compliance to and the safe execution of the maintenance programme for the Roy Hill Locomotive Fleet, Wagon Fleet, Workshop and Infrastructure to ensure the business production schedule, budget and legislative requirements are met. The Superintendent Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance will also execute the Locomotive, Wagon and Workshop Maintenance strategy.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Supervise and monitor the performance of team members and ensure that they are held accountable for their team’s performance
- Ensure compliance with all training and safety systems required for all Roy Hill and contractor staff under Roy Hill Rolling stock control, working on site and in isolated locations, at heights, confined space, with hot work and in adverse weather
- Take ownership and execute locomotive & Wagon maintenance programme and compliance
- In conjunction with the Planner Maintenance, resource and communicate the locomotive & Wagon maintenance plan to all relevant stakeholders
- Manage the maintenance budget assigned to locomotives, wagons and workshop maintenance
- Conduct unscheduled repairs to the locomotive and Wagon fleet in the workshop and on track when required
- Review the Locomotive & Wagon Condition Maintenance Data and decide on actions required to attend to out of course trending and alarms from wayside detectors
- Maintain an inspection regime for plant and machinery required for Locomotive & Wagon Maintenance to ensure equipment integrity
- Assist with Track Machine maintenance where required
- Workshop and Infrastructure Maintenance Programme development and compliance
- Ensure the Locomotive & Wagon Maintenance Team is adequately trained and certified to comply with the Roy Hill Railroad Operating Rules and Procedures and associated orders, instructions and notices
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Rail professional along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated relevant experience in rolling stock maintenance
- Technical knowledge of rolling stock and maintenance requirements
- Understanding of rolling stock maintenance issues
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and people management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.