Technician Mine Geology | FIFO
- Seeking an experienced Technician Mine Geology for a permanent position
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Knowledge based organisation centred around innovative thinking
- 8/6 Days only ex-Perth roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking a Technician Mine Geology to join the team on an 8:6 roster from Perth. The Technician Mine Geology is responsible for ore spotting and material redirection, updating and preparing maps using advanced mining software, collecting and dispatching pit grade control samples as well as maintaining high standards of safety always. This role requires a higher degree of computer competency than traditional Mine Geology technician roles so applicants with previous Vulcan or other mining software experience are encouraged to apply.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Assist in the safe collection of high-quality assay samples from mine production drilling as directed by the Mine Geologists
- Collecting, packaging, recording and dispatching of any samples from blast holes, plant screens or stockpiles to site laboratory or external lab as required
- Operating desktop/portable XRF analysis equipment as required
- Monitoring of digging and dozing as directed by the Mine Geology team assisting Operators via ore spotting and safety observations
- Assist the Mine Geologists by producing maps and logging sheets using Vulcan geological software
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Mine Geology Technician along with the following: -
- Experience working in an iron ore mine with a sound understanding of geological concepts and ore types
- Competent with the use of Microsoft Office Suite programs including MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word as well as exposure to mining software such as Vulcan, Surpac or Datamine
- Previous experience navigating using GPS.
- 4WD knowledge and safe driving skills, 4WD defensive driving certificate would be advantageous
- Candidates with formal qualifications in mining or geoscience will be looked upon favourably
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus.