Supervisor Control | Perth
- Seeking an experienced Supervisor Control for a permanent role.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- ‘Smart Mine’ of the future; Creating tomorrow’s mine today
- 4:5 / 5:4 / 5:5 Day and Night ex-Perth roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions
Our Demand Chain leadership team is now seeking a Supervisor Control to join the team. Based at the Remote Operations Centre at the Perth International Airport on a 4:5 / 5:4 / 5:5 Day & Night Roster, this role is responsible for supervising and directing a team of controllers in the efficient control and monitoring of the operation, ensuring completion of scheduled daily tasks, compiling quality production data, and performing operational activities across the demand chain.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Lead, monitor and support the Control team during the execution of the daily shift plan
- Lead a team of 10 experienced Controllers running the mining fleet, and autonomous drill control
- Identify and communicate with site operations when throughput, quality or inventory variation deviates from the agreed targets
- On day shift, escalate any issue that cannot be resolved within execution schedule time frame to the Scheduler Mine Execution or Scheduler Port Execution or Superintendent Execution. On night shift, implement provided contingency plans
- Prepare, conduct and lead the end of shift hand-over (PSI) to ensure the oncoming shift is provided with an up to date status of each task on the daily shift plan; highlighting resolved or emerged issues and any information relevant to decision making
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Controller along with the following: -
- Demonstrable experience supervising a team of people and working in either a process/port control or pit control operations position is essential
- Relevant experience in either process control or pit control
- Sound knowledge of mining operations from drilling through to shipping and marketing
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.