- Newly created permanent role - seeking an experienced Superintendent Employee Experience.
- Perth based position; 5:2 roster with regular site travel.
- Roy Hill offer 18 weeks paid parental leave.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
We have a newly created opportunity for an experienced Superintendent Employee Experience to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager Employee Experience, this role will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Perth and will involve regular site travel. The successful applicant will provide a Human Resource business partner service to the Corporate operations of the organisation as well as leadership and direction to the Corporate Employee Experience team ensuring an effective and efficient employee experience service delivery. Accountabilities and day to day responsibilities will include:
- Manage complaints, negotiate disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, to establish preferred business outcomes in and across teams.
- Assist the Manager Employee Experience in the development of Employee Experience tactics and practices that align with and meet business objectives.
- Translate business plans into People System operational services to address issues and trends impacting the organisation.
- Contribute to People System policy and procedure development, implementation and interpretation.
- Provide IR advice and support to Employee Experience employees and leaders managing IR related incidents and/or situations, whilst working with the Advisor or Specialist in this field, where required.
- Ensure compliance with IR legislation and regulations.
- Assist General Managers & leaders by providing advice with the coaching of individuals and/or teams in relation to expected performance and behaviours.
- Via coaching, mentoring and training, increase the capability of people leaders to effectively manage issues in areas such as performance management and career development.
- Assist General Managers & leaders with the identification and offering of employee development/improvement requirements and initiatives.
- Ensure that leaders are coached and supported through the process of changing their organisational structure and key Roy Hill organisational management principles are adhered to.
Regular site travel to and from our Roy Hill Mine Site and Port and Rail facility is a requirement of this role.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Psychology or Commerce and extensive experience in generalist Human Resource Management with substantial experience operating at a management level. You will also have experience in Mining, Engineering, Construction or Oil & Gas industries and exposure to payroll responsibilities.In addition, you will have strong:
- Demonstrated ability in assisting the business achieve strategic business goals through an enabling HR function.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective HR teams and promote team work.
- Practical skills and experience in performance management, case management and disciplinary issues.
- Coaching and mentoring skills that are used to empower and mentor people at all different levels within the business.
- Ability to deal with complex and highly ambiguous situations, which are often without clear resolution and frequently involve human emotions.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal legislation such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Analytical skills for the analysis of HR data, identifying trends and presentation of reports.
- Ability to facilitate continuous improvement within a team of HR professionals
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a passionate and positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups. Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia. Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.