- Seeking two Engineer Communications for a fixed term role until 2023
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Excellent opportunity to work for a world class organisation.
- 8/6 Days only ex-Perth roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Reporting into the Communications Superintendent the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the stability, integrity, high availability and efficient operation of the Radio Frequency (RF) networks.
Accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Reporting into the Communications Superintendent the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the stability, integrity, high availability and efficient operation of the Radio Frequency (RF) networks.
- Collaborate with business unit Leaders to assess near and long-term networking and communications needs
- Ensure that effective working relationships are built and maintained with other departments and stakeholders within all business units to ensure that strategic goals and targets are collectively achieved.
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
- A Certificate IV, Trade Certificate or Diploma in a Technology related field which is in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework or extensively demonstrated experience in similar roles, although not a prerequisite, a bachelor’s degree in STEM preferred;
- Experience in a networking and communications support role in mining / manufacturing or similar engineering intensive industries
- Previous experience in RF planning and RF planning tools; RF Desktop studies, path profiling and link budgeting for Wi-Fi, Microwave, TETRA, LTE environments.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.