- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO – 8:6 / 4:3 / 4:3 Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. We own and operate a 344km rail network providing mine product to its purpose-built port facilities at Port Hedland.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking a Manager Mobile Maintenance to join the group. This role is the owner of the Mobile Fleet Maintenance function that safely delivers the required equipment performance, in accordance with Work Management Processes and in line with the budget.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide strong visible leadership to the Mobile Maintenance teams and strive for a safe workplace free of incidents
- Provide advice and report to the Head of Mining on health, safety and operational performance and result
- Initiate projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety and production
- Drive a workplace culture that is in line with Roy Hill Values and contributes to the Roy Hill sense of community
- To undertake appropriate maintenance practices to achieve industry leading levels of availability and reliability at the lowest possible cost to operations
- To continuously improve the mobile plant fleet performance, through the research and implementation of technology, systems and processes
- Collaborate with internal and external support teams to further improve all aspects of the business
- Ensure all maintenance activities are adequately supervised and follow set standards and procedures
- Monitor the performance of team members, focusing on the achievement of key goals and support of the behavioural standards
- Drive training within the department in order to ensure standards and procedures are continually improved
- Ensure conformance to the Demand Chain planning and execution processes and that maintenance schedules minimise their effect on production activities
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Mobile Maintenance with the ability to effectively coach, train and influence team members along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering or similar technical field; or an equivalent trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Experience as a manager on a mine operating in excess of 140 pieces of heavy mining equipment and 500 pieces of support equipment.
- Strong ability to motivate a workforce
- Willingness to take on accountability for the performance of your team
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to develop others
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.