- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Planner Demand Chain to join the group. This role will be responsible for producing an Integrated Plan from mine processing to ship loading including an integrated maintenance plan. This plan meets business targets in line with the Operating Philosophy, Medium Term Plan and KPI priorities and utilises information about the Demand Chain constraint determined in the simulation model. This plan is delivered to the Demand Chain Scheduling team for further scheduling of resources.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Develop the Roy Hill Integrated Plan which is released monthly and covers at least 12 months. This is a capacity plan from processing plant to ship loader and includes an Integrated Maintenance Plan that aligns shuts across the demand chain
- Ensure that the plan meets the Operating Strategy and Operational KPIs and is developed with the simulation model results which determines the business constraints and determines the sequence in which the plan will be undertaken
- Prepare and present a range of alternative plans based on business needs and varied input constraints, as required from the business
- Work to continuously improve the planning processes and tools to increase accuracy, predictability and reliability of the plans
- Foster collaborative relationships between Planning, Scheduling, Marketing, Technical Services, Maintenance Planning teams, Business Improvement and Operations
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Engineer within Mine Planning / Technical Services along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or mining engineering or similar technical field, or an equivalent qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Experience that commands a knowledge of iron ore demand chains from mine through to shipping and marketing including fixed plant performance
- Sound technical knowledge with a broad operational experience
- Experience in data systems such as Ampla and Inventory Tracking systems, along with competency and experience in planning systems
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.