- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Hydrogeologist to join the group. This role will be responsible for providing site hydrogeological support at the Roy Hill mine site for the development and operation of water supply, dewatering and water disposal infrastructure and systems. A key component will be the supervision of drilling and test pumping contractors, hydrogeological logging of drill holes and the collection, collation and assessment of water data from the various production and monitoring bore systems. This work and information is integral to management of dewatering and water supply to meet dewatering targets and maintain process plant water quality.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Support the development and delivery of bore installation and test pumping packages including risk assessments, logging of holes and preparation of bore logs
- Undertake test-pumping of bores, groundwater quality and other groundwater data analyses
- Undertake groundwater and surface water monitoring and sampling, including the installation and maintenance of 3G-based remote telemetry
- Contribute to the use of geological, geophysical and geotechnical drilling data from other departments to improve the understanding of the groundwater systems at the Mine.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Hydrogeologist along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Demonstrated experience in a Hydrogeologist role, with a significant proportion of this time involved in field supervision of water bore drilling and test pumping activities
- Previous experience as a Hydrogeologist in the Mining Industry
- Skills and experience in supervising drilling and test pumping program contractors.
- Demonstrated skill and understanding in water bore drilling and construction, notably using Dual-Rotary (DR) and Reverse Circulation air (RC) drilling methods.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.