- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Engineer – Signals & Communications to join the group. Reporting to the Manager Engineer Rail Signals, you will provide the technical assurance for the Signals and Communications aspects of the Roy Hill railway. The key deliverables of this role will include the monitoring of signalling, implementation of corrective actions and inspection of signalling infrastructure. This role manages technical coordination of interfaces with signalling contractors and project managers.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Act as the primary technical contact with the Office of Rail Safety (ORS) in all matters relating to Signals and Communications compliance
- Provide engineering and technical assurance
- Review maintenance procedures to ensure equipment Reliability
- Provide key input to decisions regarding increasing the level of automation of the railroad operation
- Provide best practice engineering advice and services to project and maintenance personnel
- Ensure any future Signal and Communication projects comply with relevant standards and legislation
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the areas of Rail Signals & Communication along with the following: -
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Rail and signalling related certificates and licences
- Demonstrated experience in the rail signalling industry, preferably Australia/ WA/ Pilbara
- Working experience with complex signalling infrastructure
- Understanding and practical experience with signalling field components, such as track circuits, point machines and level crossings
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.