- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
The health and safety of Roy Hill’s employees is at the heart of everything we do.
The Hygiene and Health Specialist is responsible for the development of corporate Roy Hill hygiene, health and injury management improvement strategy and plans to ensure the risk of adverse health effects are mitigated and where possible eliminated.
The Hygiene and Health Specialist will provide technical expertise and direction to Roy Hill in the area of occupational hygiene, health and injury management to ensure Roy Hill’s and legislative requirements are met and sustained.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensures all Roy Hill personnel understand and comply with occupational health and hygiene related legislation, standards, procedures and policy
- Identify and assess current and emerging health and hygiene issues against legislation and company standards that may have the potential to impact on operations and communicate the implications to various stakeholders
- Implement, manage and maintain health, hygiene and injury management programmes across the business including but not limited to:
- Health and Hygiene Monitoring
- Health Surveillance
- Injury Management
- Fitness for Work
- Wellness Program
- Participate in risk assessments of health and hygiene hazards and promote the use of risk assessments tools to ensure health and hygiene risks on site are adequately characterised, assessed and controlled
- Maintains a level of knowledge and expertise in the occupational health and hygiene team through:
- Facilitating team members attendance at seminars and training courses, encouraging and supporting career development
- Actively promoting the team to seek out new technologies and methodologies for dealing with workplace exposure hazards
- Promoting the development and maintenance of a network of external and internal resources who can assist in sharing and developing the knowledge base
- Ensure reporting to external agencies such as DMIRS and DoH is completed as required
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader in the field of Hygiene & Health along with the following: -
- Degree in Occupational Hygiene minimum
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nursing or Exercise Physiology
- Demonstrated experience in health, injury management, hygiene program implementation & coordination
- Skills in developing, delivering and executing health and hygiene programs
- Experience working within the mining & resources industry
- Demonstrated exposure to and understanding of relevant statutory requirements, standards and codes of practice
- Professional membership of AIOH, minimum Full membership level
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.