- Family friendly rosters for our site-based employees
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Industry leading career enrichment program
- Awarded the 2018 Western Australia Employer of the Year for excellence in providing nationally recognised training
- Salary Sacrificing
- Three-bonus plans.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill is currently seeking a Technician Ore Definition to join our Ore Definition team. This role will be based at the Roy Hill mine site on a fixed term contract, FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster. You will be responsible for:
- Sample pickup and dispatch - accurately recording sample numbers and any other associated data e.g. photos, weights, densities etc. as required.
- Managing, monitoring and supervision of earthworks, including preparation of drill pads and access tracks.
- Validation and quality – reviewing the accuracy and quality of sample pickup, sample despatch, and pegging/rehabilitation data prior to submission or release.
- QAQC – undertake Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) checks on a regular basis.
- Taking responsibility for and care of all equipment provided and reporting any equipment issues.
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience as a Technician Ore Definition in the Mining industry or similar. You will also have:
- A current, Australian manual C Class driver licence – MR desirable.
- First Aid required.
- A current Dogging Ticket DG and a current Forklift Ticket is desirable.
- Field Technician experience desirable.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.