- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking a Senior Engineer Mining to join the team on an 8:6 roster from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent Engineering & Geology, you will facilitate the safe and optimal extraction of iron ore from open pit mining operations, including both drill and blast and production activities. In compliance with site Environmental and Safety Standards, you will be responsible for all mining engineering aspects including providing input and direction to the demand chain on the development and implementation of the short term mine plan and the production plans, as well as key collaboration with the mine planning team on long term and medium-term planning. The role will also provide support to the mining team on the analysis of operating data as well as reporting.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure appropriate input to the pit design process (tech services team) to ensure safety in design, and compliance to any known geo-technical risk or geological conditions
- Work collaboratively with the tech services team to ensure the long-term plans consider all relevant mining constraints and are achievable within the approved budget
- Work collaboratively with the demand chain team to ensure all short term and production plans meet the requirements of the medium plan
- Work collaboratively with the Drill and Blast team to ensure proper processes and procedures exists to measure the performance of the blasting function, and to recommend potential improvement opportunities
- Provide analysis of all mining operational data to ensure key performance indicators are understood and measured so that performance against them can be continually improved
- Work collaboratively with the demand chain to ensure the reconciliation against plan is properly understood and reported
- Ensure adequate systems are in place to measure and report digging conformance to design
- To ensure all levels of mine plans and schedules are interpreted and communicated to all levels of the mining team
- Ensure the fleet performance is well understood by the demand chain and mine planning teams, highlighting any factors which may affect their ability to produce consistently achievable schedules
- Provide a leading role in the development of the annual mining budget as well as monthly and mid-monthly forecasting and reconciliation process
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Senior Mine Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or, similar earth science such as, Bachelor of Science (Mining)
- Experience in large scale iron ore mining operations
- Considerable experience in mine planning
- Experience in the collection and analysis of data in particular mining production, efficiency and compliance data
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite) including Maptek mining software
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.