- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based
- Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Senior Planning & Scheduling to join the group.
The Senior Planning & Scheduling is responsible for implementing effective equipment maintenance strategies and to manage the health of Fixed Plant infrastructure and Assets. The main objective of this position is to optimise equipment reliability and deliver a high level of maintenance efficiency through accurate planning and scheduling of work orders for shutdowns.
This position will require significant involvement throughout the design and development of the Computerised Maintenance Systems (CMMS). It will play an important role in setting the direction of asset availability and reliability to achieve the project milestone of 60Mtpa of Iron Ore Product at or below the maintenance cost budget, all being done safely through risk mitigation strategies on behalf of the Roy Hill owner’s team.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Establishing, reviewing and improving maintenance planning procedures and processes for RHIO Assets
- Establishing and overseeing recording of maintenance history for all Fixed Plant and equipment
- Preparation of mid to long term component and maintenance forecasts
- Preparation and development of overarching maintenance plans
- Develop/create/review functional location and equipment structures for all new assets
- Contribute to asset criticality ranking and develop critical spares listing
- Develop and implement maintenance tactics based on mitigating failure risk using RCM and FMECA techniques, OEM manuals and technical data
- Develop and refine accurate work scopes for planned maintenance activities ensuring that estimates for labour, skills, materials, equipment and external services are included
- Identify equipment spare parts; raise requests for cataloguing and construct bills of material
- Conduct regular reviews with execution Supervisors to prioritise and process all maintenance notifications and work requests
- Monitor, report and reforecast Maintenance Cost Budgets (MCB) for maintenance activities in area of responsibility
- Ensure costs are minimised by constantly reviewing maintenance practices and identifying areas for improving efficiencies and productivity
Establish and maintain strong links with key suppliers for supply, services & technical support
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Senior Planner & Scheduler along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or similar technical field
- Planning and scheduling qualification at certificate level or above
- Experience with the operation or maintenance of fixed plant & Rail assets
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance positions within the mining industry
- Sound skills in SAP maintenance module - Including Management of SAP PM Master
- Data including technical objects, maintenance plans, items, task lists, BOM’s and measuring points
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.