- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
The health and safety of Roy Hill’s employees is at the heart of everything we do.
The primary purpose of this position is to foster a true safety culture of inclusivity - where everybody talks about safety and everyone has a say in safety, both physical and mentally, supported by fit for purpose safety process.
The role will maintain and improve effective processes and systems to support Roy Hill in not only being compliant, but also in developing a robust safety culture throughout the company. As an influential safety expert and leader, you and your team will provide support and development to operational teams in order for each employee to have the ability to powerfully influence the attitudes and behaviours of others to fundamentally guide Roy Hills safety culture.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Display and promote Health and Safety by active field-based leadership and presence
- Liaise with government departments and agencies, the community and other authorities as required, ensuring compliance with government health & safety regulatory requirements
- Be the champion of health & safety at the monthly health & safety meetings
- Lead a team of field-based HS Advisors to ensure a high quality and effective support service is provided to mining personnel
- Work with the operational management teams to ensure effective training and execution of health and safety policies and procedures for the mining operations
- Provide advice, guidance and support to management on technical and behavioural health and safety matters that affect or impact the operation
- Develop, implement and monitor health & safety programs and key performance indicators
- Keep Roy Hill management informed of health & safety issues and developments in the mining industry in addition to those in the broader business environment which may affect mining operations
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader in the field of Health & Safety along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety or Significant Demonstrated experience in a Health & Safety leadership role
- Extensive experience in a leadership role within the field of Health & Safety
- A strong commitment to health and safety, promoting positive behaviours and a supportive peer driven safety culture through visible personal leadership
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- A strong sense of personal accountability, operational discipline and motivated to achieve outstanding results
- The ability to think differently, challenge the status quo and a desire to continuously improve the way we operate
- Previous experience working in the mining and resources sector
- Strong understanding of risk management practices
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret legislation and codes of practice
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.