- FIFO (8/6 roster) | 6 month fixed term contract
- Knowledge based organisation centred around innovative thinking.
- Seeking an experienced HR Business Partner for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class iron ore port facility at Port Hedland is capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 55Mtpa of iron ore as lump and fines and has been designed to accommodate possible future expansion.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Advisor People & Culture to join our team on a 6 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Superintendent People & Culture, this role will FIFO from Perth to either Port Hedland OR our mine site on an 8/6 days only roster.
Accountabilities and day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working proactively with leaders to achieve shared Roy Hill objectives;
- Provide IR advice and support to leaders managing IR related incidents and/or situations;
- Assist leaders by providing advice with the coaching of individuals and/or teams in relation to expected performance and behaviours;
- Assist and support the business with conducting and implementing OD initiatives and surveys including the development and implementation of department specific implementation plans;
- Assist leaders with defining and implementing organisational design, structure, positions and responsibilities;
- Assist and support the business with the full optimisation of People processes and tools, whether SAP, ESS/MSS, SuccessFactors or any other system; and
- Act as coach and mentor to leaders and employees.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree and experience within a People, Capability or Human Resources function.
In addition, you will have strong:
- Coaching and mentoring skills that are used to empower and mentor leaders and employees at all levels within the business
- Demonstrated skills in case management, handling confidential issues such as performance management and grievance resolution
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal legislation such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Fair Work principles.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a passionate and positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.