- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Mine Production to join the team on an 8:6, 7:7 or 14:14 roster from Perth. Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will facilitate the safe and optimal extraction of iron ore from open pit mining operations. In compliance with site Environmental and Safety Standards, you will be responsible for a range of mining engineering aspects including providing input and direction to the Demand Chain system regarding the development and implementation of the short term mine plan.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Assist Roy Hill production supervisors in the communication and execution of schedules and plans
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the Short Term and Weekly Mine Plans to provide recommendations relating to sequencing while optimising production efficiencies
- Generate additional pit, ramp, haul road and dump/stockpile designs as required to allow mining to execute the weekly schedule
- Regularly update the traffic management plan and provide it to the mining superintendents for sign-off
- Ensure that the construction of external waste dumps, ROM pads, ROM pad stockpiles, low grade stockpiles and in-pit backfilling strategies within the design criteria as well as providing haulage efficiencies through long and short haul options
- Determine, investigate and manage risks to plan and escalate to Management as required
- Assist with the planning and execution of pit dewatering measures and other project works.
- Assist the Demand Chain system with the conformance to plan feedback with respect to equipment performance and any constraints that arise during execution
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Mine Production Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or, similar earth science such as, Bachelor of Science (Mining)
- Experience in large scale iron ore mining operations
- Considerable experience in mine planning
- Experience with project management and working in pits below the water table will be highly regarded.
- Experience in working with Automated Haulage Systems would also be highly regarded.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite) including Maptek mining software
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.