- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 or 7:7 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Drill & Blast / Blast Designer to join the team on an 8:6 roster from Perth. Reporting to the Senior Drill & Blast Engineer, you will assist operations in the production of broken stocks, ensuring the blasting process is well planned, technically sound and cost effective by using local knowledge and best practice to optimise fragmentation.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Generate drill, charging and tie-in designs to optimise the fragmentation and dig ability of material at the same time as ensuring lump yield is maximised
- Oversee the management of bulk blasting agents and accessory stock levels, and work with imbedded explosives contractors through recording of consumption and placement of orders
- Use and reconcile the data generated by the autonomous drill systems as a major input to the blast design process
- Ensure that the drill and blast software is used effectively and database management through measure while drilling and smart charging applications
- Technical support through project delivery of Roy Hills Drill and Blast Technology road map
- Provide technical input parameters into the weekly, short and medium-term planning process and provide recommendations relating to sequencing while optimising production efficiencies
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Drill & Blast Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or, similar earth science such as, Bachelor of Science (Mining)
- Experience in large scale iron ore mining operations
- Blast crew Experience
- Experience with Drill and Blast Management Systems
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.