- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Engineer Control System to join the group. The primary purpose of this role is to develop, maintain and support all plant, control systems and equipment, to drive equipment reliability and operational effectiveness within the Engineering Services department.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide control system Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)/ Supervisory Control and Data Management Acquisition (SCADA), HMI, Telemetry and Communications programming services
- Gain an understanding of the Control System Logic as it is developed so that commissioning, fault finding, and optimisation time will be minimised
- Work alongside the Project team to ensure that the control system meets the Project Requirements by way of review of proposals, technical solutions, risk identification and mitigation and implementation approach
- Assist with the overall management of the control system; ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the operations
- Monitor and manage the plant control system alarms in accordance with alarm philosophy
- Carry out minor control system designs, programming, testing and commissioning as required for operations projects including optimisation and debottlenecking
- Review and comment on changes that require Control System engineering input
- Provide design assistance in the identification, selection and procurement of equipment or components
- Use root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and implement practical solutions to problems
- Provide technical advice to site operations and maintenance teams
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Specialist Engineer within the areas of control systems along with the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a mining operation working in a similar role, along with experience in project and contractor management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably in - Electrical, Control System or Mechatronics Engineering or Computer Science)
- Experience working with Alan Bradley Control Logix systems, Telemetry
- Experience working with large scale SCADA systems
- Solid understanding of Rockwell RS View or other similar SCADA systems
- Solid understanding of Allen Bradley PLC’s and Remote Terminal Units (RTU)
- Skills in working with Ethernet networks and fieldbuses
- Strong troubleshooting, fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Skills at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience with online condition monitoring system
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.