- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO - 8:6 Days & Nights Roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking an experienced Engineer Control Systems to join the group on an 8:6 Days & Nights Roster from Perth. Reporting to the Specialist Engineer Control Systems, you will develop, maintain and support all control systems and equipment, to drive equipment reliability and operational effectiveness within the Processing Department. This role provides technical support to the Operations Team.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide control system Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), HMI and Communications programming services
- Provide control systems support to ensure availability and reliability of all process plant infrastructure and peripherals
- Assist with the overall management of the control system; ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the operations
- Carry out minor control system designs, programming, testing and commissioning as required for operations projects including optimisation and de-bottlenecking
- Review, comment and support on changes that require Control System engineering input
- Provide technical expertise to project teams including carrying out Factory Acceptance testing where needed
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Engineer within the area of control systems along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably in - Electrical, Control System or Mechatronics Engineering or Computer Science) or similar technical field with post graduate qualifications in control systems, or an electrical trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Experience working with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/CompactLogix systems
- Experience working with Rockwell Automation PlantPAx systems
- Experience working with mobile machines (stackers, reclaimers), Anti-Collision Systems (ACS) and Stockpile Management Systems (SMS) is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in a mining operation working in a similar role within processing plant operations
- Experience in fault finding and improving control systems
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.