- Seeking Technician Track Welder
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- 14:14 days only roster FIFO ex-Perth to the Mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia's iron ore industry.
'The Real Us'
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 60Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Roy Hill is looking to appoint a Technician Track Welder to provide rail infrastructure welding capability to the Wayside infrastructure maintenance team.
Accountabilities will include:
- Undertaking planned and reactive track welding activities as required.
- Carrying out the various welding techniques such as Aluminothermic welding to ensure the safe operation and reliability of the rail network.
- Completing tasks that require the knowledge and use of Non-Destructive Testing equipment.
- Undertaking a duty of care for yourself and others at all times.
'The Real You'
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
As the ideal candidate, you will have proven experience working in the mining and resources industry as Track welder. You will also have:
- Previous experience carrying out maintenance tasks using hand tools.
- Experience using heavy plant in a live rail environment.
- A current C Class drivers licence.
- A qualification in Flash-butt Welding and Aluminothermic welding with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Certificate 2 Rail Infrastructure
'The Real Offer'
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia's largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply.
We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.