- Seeking a Trainer Assessor Rail for a permanent role
- Excellent opportunity to work for a world class organisation.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- 8_6 roster, days only; Perth to Port Hedland
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership.
With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high-grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, our Rail operation is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments
Reporting to the Supervisor Training for Port & Rail, as Trainer Assessor Rail you will be responsible for providing training support to all Rail employees in line with Roy Hill’s performance and safety standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitating training across signals asset protection (assorted), communications systems protection, fault finding and maintenance;
- Developing and maintaining training manuals and materials in conjunction with subject matter experts (SME’s) for all Rail based training requirements;
- Coordinating and delivering classroom-based training, field training and training assessments in accordance with Roy Hills training policies and procedures;
- Ensuring training material remains current to operating standards published by the original equipment manufacturers and/or governing bodies;
- Assisting with Roy Hill’s site induction process and, in conjunction with Shift Supervisors, scheduling and facilitating training plans for new and existing personnel.
‘The Real You’
You will be passionate about front line, on the job training and be confident in communicating to a diverse audience.
Your experience could include working around communications systems with an understanding of telecommunication engineering standards, compliance and regulations.
A rail background would be useful to have but is not essential. Your personality and character are more appealing to us!
We would like to hear from you if can also offer us:
- Satellite communications, wireless technologies, LTE knowledge
- Signals assess protection
- Experience training IETO, CBS and Tetra;
- Knowledge of fibre, backbone and/or wayside cables
- Any manual or design work associated with the installation and maintenance of signalling equipment.
- SDH, VHF, UHF networks
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent;
- Technology Qualifications Certificate IV in Electro-technology or Cert IV in Railway Signalling
- Unrestricted WA C Class Drivers Licence
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.