- Seeking a Trainer Assessor Rail for a permanent role
- Excellent opportunity to work for a world class organisation.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- 8/6 Days only ex-Perth roster to Port Hedland
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments
We are currently looking to appoint a Trainer Assessor Rail in a permanent position. Reporting to the Supervisor Training Port & Rail, the Trainer Assessor Rail position will also be responsible for providing training support to all Rail employees in line with Roy Hill’s safety standards to improve performance in all areas.
Accountabilities will include:
- Coordinate, administer and deliver classroom training, field training and assessment.
- Develop and revise written guidelines, training manuals and materials as required in conjunction with the Rail Training Team and subject matter experts (SME’s)which actively promote and provide current best practice of training and assessment for Rail activities.
- Ensure written training material remains current to operating standards published by the original equipment manufacturers or governing bodies and revise all documentation accordingly.
- Facilitate training across the following areas; Signals Asset Protection – assorted, Communications Systems protection, fault finding and maintenance, as well as assisting with the site induction processes and general training delivery.
- In conjunction with shift supervisors, schedule and facilitate training plans for new and existing personnel.
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate, you will a be confident communicator from a rail background with considerable experience in training roles. In addition, you will possess:
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or equivalent.
- Unrestricted WA C Class Drivers Licence.
- You will possess excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise and establish own work priorities to meet multiple and conflicting deadlines.
- A high degree of skill in training large groups including facilitation and presentation is imperative to achieving success in this role
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not