- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- 8:6 / 4:3 / 4:3 roster FIFO Port
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine and port facilities which utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa of iron ore.
Our Shutdown Execution leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Shutdown to join the team. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the preparation and execution of scheduled outages of the Mine & Port Fixed Plant facilities.
The role will need to incorporate all aspects of the shutdown preparation and execution, whilst promoting and fostering good relationships within the Roy Hill organisation, and motivating the maintenance professionals to surpass the maintenance department key performance indicators.
This role aims to deliver a shutdown with the following aspect: safety, quality, adherence to schedule and within budget.
Accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for asset management, cost control, time control, quality control, purchasing, contract administration and general site administration related to shutdowns
- Takes corrective action and escalate if necessary if significant deviations from the budget or project plan occur
- Manage and report on risk management and escalate any significant risks through to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure improvements to materials (BOM), task base spare parts and critical spares holdings strategies related to shutdowns are documented
- Ensure cost efficient execution of all shutdown activities with the emphasis on continues sustainable cost reduction
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with Vendor partners and ensuring monitoring and analysis of all planned contractor work activities for efficient and cost-effective use of resources
- Assist the Manager Group Shutdowns in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute to current and potential value to the business from a maintenance planning perspective, ensuring compliance to the Change Management Procedure
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve people, processes and equipment
- Ensure the management of change is rigorously applied
- Ensure development, communication and implementations of shutdown maintenance planning work are allocated with resources and equipment to ensure schedule achievement
- Monitor and report against the shutdown maintenance planning work schedules and elevate unplanned and non-routine activity or performance to stakeholders, direct reports and peers
Overall maintenance Shutdown availability of the Fixed Plants at or greater than 95% of the calendar year
- Delivering Shutdowns Safely, on Schedule and within budget
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the areas of maintenance & shutdowns along with the following: -
- Demonstrated experience in a management or large size superintendent role in maintaining, as well as managing shutdowns in a large tonnage facility, preferably Iron Ore
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of ore processing equipment including - Conveyors, Sizers and cones crushers, Wet processing circuits, scrubbers, screens and de-sanding, Large process water and slurry pumps & Balance machines; stacker and bucket wheel reclaimers
- Experience in running large scale shutdowns on high value assets under strict schedule adherence requirements
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with varying disciplines and functions to ensure best for business outcome
- Strong safety, environment and cultural heritage focus
- Expert competency in the Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP or similar CMMS) maintenance module, including finance and budgeting
- Sound background in maintenance literature and practice such as Reliability Centred Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis and Condition Monitoring
- Sound background in warehousing strategies and critical spares management processes
- Sound technical and planning skills in fields of maintenance and maintenance planning
- Leadership capability to motivate and drive personnel
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.