- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Metallurgical Evaluation to join the team.
The primary purpose of this role is to perform activities associated with metallurgical test work, data analysis and process modelling. The key objective is relating metallurgical parameters/models to operations. The purpose is to increase orebody knowledge, improve planning and operations processes to optimise the resource over the life of mine.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Lead and provide assistance on all modelling related major projects
- Be a key resource for operations and internal business groups seeking technical support
- Critically analyse and review databases to provide key inputs to shape model development
- Translate metallurgical processes, business activities & logistics processes into mathematical equations and/or computer models
- Be the technical interface between operations, study managers, technical marketing and engineering with the ability to delve into the technical details and translate into business outcomes
- Provide metallurgical support and assist in any project work required that may improve current process plant performance
- Aid in integration of geo-metallurgical data into planning systems to optimise the Roy Hill Demand System
- Integration of geo-metallurgical regressions and flowsheet modelling
- Evaluate new technologies and lead innovation initiatives
- Explore utilisation of new processes and/or improvement of existing processes to optimise business outcomes
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Metallurgical Evaluation along with the following: -
- Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a Technical Geometallurgical Planning role with cross functional collaboration with Geology and Mine-planning departments, OR experience in process flowsheet modelling to simulate process plants.
- Previous experience managing testwork programs including comminution, physical, materials handling and beneficiation testwork applicable in Iron Ore
- Previous experience with optimisation projects across the Iron Ore supply chain
- Previous Operational experience with process optimisation
- Strong understanding of Iron Ore Geometallurgy in the Pilbara
- Experience with use of data analysis tools and developing procedures for efficient data processing and modelling (SQL, R, Python, VBA, + either of C#, Java, C, C++).
- Exposure to metallurgical accounting systems and ability to analyse plant data
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.