- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Senior Planning Engineer to join the group to deliver integrated and tactical value adding solutions. The Senior Planning Engineer will influence the long-term planning process to ensure the business is able to make informed decisions on high level government approvals, long term variability in product supply and long-term capital expenditure.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure all pit, haul road, stockpile and waste dump (inclusive of in-pit back-fill) designs comply with company design standards and geotechnical parameters
- Lead the development of detailed Medium-Term and LOM/Budget plans
- Lead the development and communication of this planning function to all Business stakeholders
- Ongoing detailed analysis of production and fleet performance trends
- Ensure that any new technology related to mine planning and pit design is researched and understood and where appropriate, develop business cases if it is deemed to be beneficial to the business
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Mine Planning / Technical Services along with the following: -
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated operational experience in the mining industry
- Experience of mine planning in an open cut, load & haul operation, developing and maintaining operational budgets
- Strong skills using mining software such as Vulcan, XPAC/OPMS, Alastri Tactical Scheduler, Minemax Scheduler and XERAS
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.