- Seeking an experienced Superintendent Environment Mine.
- We make a real difference to communities through our social and environmental programs
- FIFO 5:2 / 4:3 / 4:3 / 8:6 roster from Perth
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Reporting into the Manager Environment, the Superintendent Environment Mine is responsible for contributing to the development, implementation and continual improvement of a comprehensive rehabilitation and closure plan for the mine, port and rail to meet applicable approvals, statutory requirements and closure objectives.
Accountabilities will include:
- Implement, maintain and improve an Environmental Management System (EMS) that aligns with ISO14001 and is consistent with company and regulatory requirements.
- Implement, maintain and improve systems and procedures for onsite environmental management, monitoring and environmental compliance (e.g. water management, monitoring programs, weed management, data management).
- Oversee and provide guidance to Environmental Approval & Compliance Advisors in the preparation of approval and compliance documentation for mine infrastructure and operations.
- Implement and improve inspection and monitoring systems and programs.
- Conduct environmental audits and inspections as required and participate in regulatory audits and inspections as required.
‘The Real You’
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
- Substantial, relevant post graduate experience and exposure to mining operations
- A comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of State and Commonwealth environmental approval frameworks coupled with a thorough understanding of State and Commonwealth environmental legislation.
- Comprehensive understanding of Environmental Management Systems and experience in development and implementation of these systems.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.