- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Long Term Planner Assets to join the group. The Long-Term Planner is responsible for implementing effective equipment, component, machine and infrastructure maintenance plans and manage the long-term requirements and health of Fixed Plant assets at the Mine, Port and Infrastructure. The main objectives of this position are to enable efficient and effective Maintenance execution and support equipment reliability improvement and asset heath evaluation to deliver high business outcomes.
This position will play an important role in enabling the delivery of required asset availability and reliability to achieve 55Mtpa and beyond of Iron Ore Product at or below the maintenance cost budget, all being done safely through risk mitigation strategies on behalf of the Roy Hill owner’s team.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Long term Plans for all major Works including infrastructure, machine maintenance during large shutdowns at Mine / Port 12 weeks and beyond
- Develop detailed scopes of work for maintenance packages for opportune maintenance for seamless weekly planning and scheduling
- Provide / maintain long-term plans in SAP from 16 weeks out to 5 years
- Champion the long-term maintenance planning for Fixed Plant and Infrastructure and work management processes promoting a culture of care and reliability within the maintenance teams
- Evaluate outputs of Equipment Condition evaluation from equipment Inspections, condition monitoring results and specialist testing in order to trigger accurate maintenance activities
- Manage warranty requirements for assigned equipment
- Work with Supply Chain and Commercial teams on the alignment of contract Maintenance (manning and materials) 16 weeks out with external vendor
- Plan large component change outs and Overhaul/refurbishment and provide rolling 12 month forecasts
- Support Maintenance Cost rationalisation by constantly reviewing Work Management performance and identifying areas for improving efficiencies and productivity
- Establish and maintain strong links with key suppliers for supply, services & technical support
- Regular stakeholder engagement interactions
- Conduct regular Maintenance Tactics reviews and raise improvement requests to Reliability team, in order to deliver the required asset availability
- Provide complete Maintenance Budget costing input/output for Month ending and financial year(s)
- Responsible for Master Data requests validation from a Planning perspective, prior to final approval
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Planner along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or similar technical field; or, an appropriate trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Planning and scheduling qualification at certificate level or above
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance positions within the mining industry
- Sound skills in SAP PM module - Including Management of SAP, Master Data including technical objects, maintenance plans, items, task lists, BOM’s and measuring points
- Ability to define accurate work scopes and develop procedures
- Experience in negotiating maintenance requirements
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.