- Seeking a Maintainer Rail-Bound Plant to work within our Rail team.
- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player.
- Even-time Roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 60Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Roy Hill is seeking an experienced Maintainer Rail Bound Plant to join the Wayside Maintenance team on a 14/14 roster FIFO to Port Hedland from Perth.
You will be responsible for the safe and effective maintenance and operation of rail bound plant including the Track Measurement Vehicle, Tamper and Regulator in addition to some of the following key responsibilities:
- Undertake routine inspections and maintenance duties and respond to defects in line with procedures in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out various inspections and measurements to allow effective operation of the Tamper Machine, Regulator Machine and Track Measurement Vehicle.
- Operate the Tamper, Regulator and Track Measuring Vehicle in accordance with Operating procedures.
- Provide rail maintenance and monitoring expertise to the wayside infrastructure team.
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated experience maintaining & operating track tamping machines including an understanding of the operation of track measuring vehicles. A sound understanding of track geometry and rail defects coupled with a working knowledge of rail safe working procedures is essential.
You will also have:
- Australian recognised mechanical or electrical trade qualification.
- Certificate III in Rail Track Surfacing including TLIC3045A Operate road/rail vehicle.
- A current C Class Drivers Licence.
- A sound understanding of Track Geometry Measurement Systems such as (ALC, CATT or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to operate as part of a team.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where teamwork, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.