- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- We make a real difference to communities through our social and environmental programs
- Proudly WA majority owned with an exceptional safety culture
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Reporting into the Superintendent Mine Rehabilitation and Closure, this role is responsible for contributing to the development, implementation and continual improvement of a comprehensive rehabilitation and closure plan for the mine, port and rail to meet applicable approvals, statutory requirements and closure objectives.
Accountabilities will include:
- Contribute to the review and implementation of the rehabilitation plans for the mine, port and rail to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Participate in the development and continual improvement of systems, processes and procedures to achieve key rehabilitation objectives, including but not limited to the management of rehabilitation materials (topsoil, rock armour), native seed, rehabilitation works, weeds and erosion.
- Oversee the on-site implementation of the above-mentioned systems, process and procedures.
- Supervision and regular inspections of rehabilitation activities to ensure they are conducted in accordance with internal procedures and statutory requirements.
- Contribute to the development and manage the implementation of on-site rehabilitation trials.
- Participate in the engagement and management of technical experts including management of the tender process, development of scopes of work and key objectives, deliverables and milestones.
- Management of the mine, rail and port rehabilitation monitoring programs.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of remedial works including weed control, native seeding and erosion control works.
- Management of PRAC software to ensure all rehabilitation and closure tasks, data and documentation is up to date.
- Ensure consultation with key internal stakeholders with respect to the implementation of the closure and rehabilitation programs
‘The Real You’
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Environmental engineering
- Experience in mine rehabilitation and closure
- Previous experience in the management of rehabilitation activities within a mine site environment
- A comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of State and Commonwealth environmental approval frameworks coupled with a thorough understanding of State and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Comprehensive understanding of Environmental Management Systems and experience in development and implementation of these systems
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.