Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Demand Chain leadership team is now seeking a Scheduler Mine to join the team.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Scheduling and based in our Remote Operations Centre in Perth, this role will see you responsible for producing the weekly schedule that mining operations will deliver to, based on the Short Term Mine Plan. Initially your focus will be to support the implementation of our scheduling systems and processes.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Scheduling of drill and blast and load and haul activities to meet planned targets
- Scheduling of stockpile rehandling movements to achieve planned blend smoothing
- Scheduling of ore movements to the crusher to deliver optimal blends for mine product stockpile grades and processing efficiency
- Working with the scheduling team to deliver an integrated schedule across the demand chain
- Plan the ROM stockpile quality specifications to support the ROM stockpiling strategy based upon the forecast product quality from the mine plans
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Mine Scheduler along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering
- Substantial mine production scheduling or grade control experience within large scale open pit mining operations
- Thorough understanding of the scheduling process and a strong appreciation of its impact on the demand chain of an organisation such as Roy Hill
- Strong communication skills will allow you to drive positive interactions with key stakeholders across the organisation, ensuring the load and haul schedule is produced to support safe and efficient mining activities
- Experience with the implementation of mining scheduling systems will be well regarded
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.