- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking a Technician Mine Geology to join the team on an 8:6 roster from Perth. The Technician Mine Geology is responsible for ore spotting and material redirection, updating and preparing maps using advanced mining software, collecting and dispatching pit grade control samples as well as maintaining high standards of safety at all times. This role requires a higher degree of computer competency than traditional Mine Geology technician roles so applicants with previous Vulcan or other mining software experience are encouraged to apply.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Assist in the safe collection of high quality assay samples from mine production drilling as directed by the Mine Geologists
- Collecting, packaging, recording and dispatching of any samples from blast holes, plant screens or stockpiles to site laboratory or external lab as required
- Operating desktop/portable XRF analysis equipment as required
- Monitoring of digging and dozing as directed by the Mine Geology team assisting Operators via ore spotting and safety observations
- Assist the Mine Geologists by producing maps and logging sheets using Vulcan geological software
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Mine Geology Technician along with the following: -
- Experience working in an iron ore mine with a sound understanding of geological concepts and ore types
- Competent with the use of Microsoft Office Suite programs including MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word as well as exposure to mining software such as Vulcan, Surpac or Datamine
- Previous experience navigating using GPS
- 4WD knowledge and safe driving skills, 4WD defensive driving certificate would be advantageous
- Candidates with formal qualifications in mining or geoscience will be looked upon favourably
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.