- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Work on Australia's largest privately owned mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry. This role is responsible for planning, co-ordinating and controlling the engineering, procurement and construction phases of ROM 3 Crushing EPC Contractor to deliver on time and in accordance with the Roy Hill standards and specifications in safety, quality, maintainability and operability. This project position is offered on an 18 month secondment basis.
Accountabilities will include:
- Manage the specific functions of design, procurement and construction via the regular reviews of progress and costs
- Provide leadership and direction to the site installation supervision team
- Contribute to in-house and external engineering, design and project management. In particular around constructability and execution
- Assist the team to manage and utilize systems that track and monitor various projects, stakeholders, progress and status
- Develop and manage reporting templates for the various projects that identify key risks, issues, uncertainties and measurement of progress such as earned value analysis
- Apply appropriate risk management processes and Safe System of Work in your area of accountability
- Become familiar with and where appropriate apply internal engineering and project management policies, standards, specifications and templates so that project delivery, engineering and construction are conducted in a consistent manner to the requisite quality
- Seek resolution on complex technical problems and/or policy matters as required to ensure satisfactory completion of design and construction
‘The Real You’
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Proven capability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Similar experience in Project Engineering role working within operational, greenfield and brownfield environments
- Although not essential previous knowledge with crushing systems and/or iron ore operations would be highly regarded
- Previous working experience in project execution, including engineering, construction and contractor management
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.Scope is the delivery of a new 25Mtpa Crushing, Overland Conveying, and Non-Process Infrastructure at ROM 3 to meet the requirements of the Life of Mine Plan
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.