- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Work on Australia's largest privately owned mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Scope is the delivery of a new 25Mtpa Crushing, Overland Conveying, and Non-Process Infrastructure at ROM 3 to meet the requirements of the Life of Mine Plan. The purpose of this role is to work closely with the project controls engineer to maintain cost and technical query registers and ensure the smooth flow of information to and from contractors. This project role will be offered an 18-month secondment basis.
Accountabilities will include:
- Maintain and update the technical query and cost registers in line with quality and reporting standards
- Undertake quality assurance and quality control administration in accordance with contractual obligations
- Assist with the preparation of estimates in consultation with the senior project manager, senior project engineer and project/package engineers
- Proactively communicate and contribute towards a team environment while acting with professional integrity at all times
- Provide relevant information to managers, supervisors, co-workers, and employees in a timely manner
- Maintain a positive attitude while being highly adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment
‘The Real You’
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills coupled with a high attention to detail
- High level of computer competency skills such as emails, spreadsheets and word documents
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, schedule, organise and establish your own work
- The ability to prioritise on importance and to successfully meet multiple and conflicting deadlines
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.