- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Work on Australia's largest privately owned mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Scope is the delivery of a new 25Mtpa Crushing, Overland Conveying, and Non-Process Infrastructure at ROM 3 to meet the requirements of the Life of Mine Plan. Reporting into the Project Manager this role is responsible for planning, co-ordinating and controlling the design, procurement and construction phases of ROM 3 Crushing and Conveying Project to ensure completion in accordance with time and budget. This project position is offered on an 18 month secondment basis.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the application of resources to fulfil contractual commitments and to maximise profits
- Manage the specific functions of design, procurement and construction via the regular reviews of progress and costs
- Control and co-ordinate communications with clients and ensure that projects are completed within overall objectives
- Provide guidance and direction to teams and individuals regarding outcomes, including goal setting (100 day plans), progress and achievement
- Contribute to in-house and external engineering, design and project management. In particular around constructability and execution
- Actively drive a safety culture which is based on management of risk, by showing personal leadership and promoting conformance to HSES standards and procedures.
‘The Real You’
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Proven capability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Similar experience in Project Engineering role working within operational and brownfields Environments
- Although not essential previous knowledge with crushing and conveying systems and/or iron ore operations would be highly regarded
- Previous working experience in project execution, including engineering, construction and contractor management
- Current, Australian Manual C class drivers licence
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.