- Seeking a SAP ABAP Developer I Perth
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture.
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. This role, as of the Corporate Applications team, will be responsible for effectively developing solutions in order to achieve client expected business results and to support ABAP & its many Interfaces while being responsible for the development on numerous SAP systems.
Accountabilities will include:
- Liaise with project teams and vendors to provide ongoing technical development, solution design and product management.
- Identify requirement gaps and issues during project activities and escalate to the designated Project Manager via agreed change management processes.
- In partnership with the IT project team and system users, create, execute and validate test plans and results.
- Apply risk management processes and a Safe System of Work to all aspects of your work.
- Manage issues and risk logs to document test results and provide feedback to the IT project team for resolution.
- Contribute to the implementation, execution, and improvement of the Roy Hill Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures and activities.
- Work closely with other ERP functional analysts by ensuring that all SAP related development activities are captured in any business & functional requirements and are considered for all changes.
- Maintain ongoing enhancements and performance improvement of SAP and associated ERP systems (e.g. Fiori, HANA).
- Coordinate the IT operational support and project teams to provide resolutions to identified issues in line with Roy Hill’s established change management processes.
- Ability to execute test plans, create test cases test data and contribute to appropriate implementation plan with specialized business and technical knowledge.
‘The Real You’
- A degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in a related IT or Information Management discipline
- Previous experience in SAP ABAP.
- Experience with the design, build, implementation and support across various SAP domains like MM, SD, EWM, FI, PM, AM, MDM, HR, Integration with PO & SAP HANA.
- Experience developing Fiori applications using ABAP OData and CDS view services.
- SAP ABAP development experience - across ABAP Technologies: ABAP Workbench, ABAP Data Dictionary, SAP workflows, Report Programming, Data Migration, Screen Programming, Smart forms, Adobe forms, Authorizations, ALE/IDOC, Workflow, Performance Tuning, Webdynpro ABAP, OO ABAP, Database Updates, Enhancements & Modifications.
- Hands on SAP HANA/S4 HANA experience includes CDS Views, AMDP (ABAP Managed Procedures), ABAP OData, SAP UI5 and SAP Fiori.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.